Saturday, March 23, 2013

Talavera Planters

I bought these two amazing Talavera planters on ebay a few weeks ago, a fish and a sea turtle. They arrived a few days ago and they are very pretty. I love the designs of this style of pottery, the detail is amazing. For those of you that don't know, Talavera pottery is a type of pottery that is popular in Mexico and only is made in the Mexican state of Puebla(yes also the site of Cinco de Mayo). It is an old art-form tracing it's roots back to Majorca in Spain, with Italian and Islamic Moorish influences. Also has Native American influence which became part of the art after arriving in Mexico. I think these planters will look great filled with succulents near my hardy cacti garden, thats where I plan on putting them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment